We are. . .
- a fantastic creative team committed to making Charlottesville a better place for all our citizens! Light House Studio equips young people with the skills and confidence to tell their stories and build community through filmmaking. Located on Charlottesville’s bustling downtown mall in the historic Vinegar Hill Theatre, our small staff is making a big difference for young people in our city. Watch one of our students’ award-winning movies or come to a screening of a unique independent film, and you are likely to leave feeling informed, inspired, and connected.
- a Engagement Director to plan, organize, and direct Light House’s fundraising including grant writing, annual fund, event fundraising, and sponsorships and to assist the ED with major gifts and capital campaign efforts. The successful candidate is an experienced development professional with excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, enthusiasm for working on a creative team, and a passion for our mission of transforming young lives through the power of film.
The Engagement Director will…
- manage and write all grant applications on deadline, including preparing applications, tracking proposal requirements, and communication with prospective grantmakers.
- identify, develop, and secure gifts through visits, research, donor database management, and networking. Increase donor retention and advancement through timely and creative donor stewardship.
- design and execute an annual giving campaign to meet or exceed annual targets.
- organize fundraising events, including the annual Youth Film Festival, and oversee other special events.
- assist Executive Director in closing the Vinegar Hill Theatre Capital Campaign, including events, grants, and individual asks.
- work with Light House staff to track and promote programmatic achievements through press and our Annual Report.
- an excellent written and oral communicator
- an enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- adept at juggling and prioritizing multiple complex projects, meeting deadlines, and adapting to changing priorities and needs
- an experienced fundraiser familiar with the nonprofit world, with the ability and desire to research new funding opportunities
- a Bachelor’s Degree and a proven track record of three (3) or more years of fundraising experience
- proficiency in MS Office and Google’s G Suite (proficiency with Bloomerang or similar fundraising database preferred)
- marketing experience is a bonus
- send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full-time and Part-time applications considered. Salary commensurate with experience.