Write – Cast – Film – Edit – Premiere
All in 72 Hours!
Join us for the 15th Adrenaline Film Project
AFP in Brief
Films often take months or even years to create from start to finish. At the Adrenaline Film Project (AFP), we make them in seventy-two hours. Started in 2004 as part of the Virginia Film Festival, the AFP has hosted hundreds of moviemakers from all over the state of Virginia and beyond in this highly-caffeinated film competition. Now, in its 15th year, Light House Studio is excited to take over management of the AFP and bring its same exhilarating spirit to life this October.
[Above: Winner of the 2016 Adrenaline Film Project Audience Selection Award and Best Actor Award]
View previous AFP films below! (via VFF YouTube)
Get Your Tickets NOW for the AFP Screening in Association with the Virginia Film Festival
Better at watching movies than making them? Want to support your filmmaking friends in the AFP? Promised your significant other a date night and still need to make plans? Tickets for this year’s AFP screening are on sale NOW!
- When? Saturday, October 26th at 7:30PM
- Where? Newcomb Hall Theater located 180 McCormick Rd. on UVa Grounds
- How to Purchase? All ticket purchases can be made through the Virginia Film Festival Website HERE or by using the button below.
A One-Of-A-Kind Filmmaking Experience
Teams consisting of three filmmakers will write, cast, film, edit, and premiere an original short film, all within seventy-two hours. Interested teams may apply for the AFP any time before September 21st, and after a competitive application review, twelve teams will be selected to compete.
Throughout the competition, professional mentors will work closely with each team, guiding them from the writer’s room to the final edit. Mentors will also assign each team a specific prop, line of dialogue, and genre that they must incorporate into their films.
At the end of the the three-day contest, Light House Studio will host a premiere of the twelve completed films at Vinegar Hill Theatre along with a competitive awards ceremony featuring cash prizes. A second screening of the films will take place in association with the Virginia Film Festival on Saturday, October 26th at the University of Virginia’s Newcomb Hall Theater, which will also feature an Audience Favorite Award and additional cash prize.
AFP Perks and Prizes
Each participating team to receive:
- five complimentary tickets to the premiere screening at Vinegar Hill Theatre
- a re-screening of their film at the 2019 Virginia Film Festival, including three complimentary tickets to the event
Award-winning teams to receive:
- cash prizes
- for the Jury Selection Award and Mentor Award winners – three industry passes to the 2019 Virginia Film Festival, gaining them access to the Filmmakers and Sponsors lounge + complimentary tickets to screenings + parties (note: must be 21 or older to be eligible for this prize)
- for the Acting Award winner – two industry passes to the 2019 Virginia Film Festival, gaining them access to the Filmmakers and Sponsors lounge + complimentary tickets to screenings + parties (note: must be 21 or older to be eligible for this prize)
- applications due: Friday, September 20th at 11:59 PM (09/20/2019)
- film teams selected and notified: Friday, September 27th (09/27/2019)
- actor meet and greet: Tuesday, October 8th at 6PM (10/08/2019)
- AFP kickoff: Wednesday, October 9th at 5PM (10/09/2019)
- filming and editing: Thursday, October 10th until 5PM on Saturday, October 12th (10/10/2019 – 10/12/2019)
- screening at Vinegar Hill Theatre featuring the Jury Selection Award, Mentor Award, and Acting Award: Saturday, October 12th (10/12/2019)
- morning wrap-up meeting: Sunday, October 13th (10/13/2019)
- screening at Newcomb Hall Theater featuring the Audience Selection Award: Saturday, October 26th (10/26/2019)
How to Apply
Before applying to the 2019 Adrenaline Film Project, please review the 2019 AFP Rules and Guidelines to learn more about the details of the competition. Note that all applications are due by Friday, September 20th at 11:59 PM (09/20/2019). Each application requires submission of a short film (10 minutes or less) directed by one of the team members and a $20 application fee.
If you are a filmmaking team with participants under 18-years-old, you must provide a personal adult mentor to supervise your team throughout the entirety of the competition. Adult chaperones must be at least 25 and gain pre-approval from AFP staff. To set up a consultation about an adult chaperone or to access our list of potential adult chaperones, please contact email@example.com.
How To Submit Your Application Fee
- by mail or in person at 121 East Water Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- through our online portal HERE (note: a 3% fee applies to online payments)
Be advised that if selected for the 2019 Adrenaline Film Project, a supplemental participation fee will be required upon notification at the following amounts (per team):
- $80 for high school, university, or collegiate teams
- $100 for previous AFP teams who refer a new team to the 2019 AFP (note: new team must have applied for entry)
- $130 for all other teams
Calling All Actors and Composers
Learn more about becoming an Adrenaline actor here: Arvold Casting Notice
2019 Adrenaline Contributors
Jeff Wadlow (IMDB)
LA-based Writer, Director, Producer
Read Jeff’s bio HERE
The Adrenaline Team at Light House Studio
Assistant Adrenaline Coordinator
Assistant Adrenaline Coordinator
Executive Director at Light House Studio
Thank You to Our Partners
Questions about the 2019 AFP? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see us at 121 E. Water St., Charlottesville VA 22902
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Sponsorships available. For more information, contact Deanna Gould at 434.293.6992.