Program Support Internship
Light House Studio is seeking a college-age intern for September – December 2018 to assist in the daily operations of our organization. Duties include marketing, recruitment, assisting with coordination of workshops, website administration, overseeing the film festival submission process, updating social media, grant research, as well as some general clerical and office work. The intern may also support the Education Director by assisting with workshops, loading footage onto the computer, and making copies of films. Additional responsibilities might include contributing to regular blog posts for the Light House website.
• Experience with or ability to learn WordPress, FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, MS Word, Excel, and other software (must be comfortable using Mac computers)
• Arts Management and Marketing interest
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to troubleshoot
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work on multiple, diverse projects and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and without close or constant supervision
• Oversee all film festival submissions
• Aid in preparing and running programs by helping with student applications and communication with students/parents
• Design marketing collateral, liaise with media outlets and organizations to advertise upcoming workshops and events, and research new marketing outlets
• Assist in keeping social media and website up to date
• Assist with event planning
• Track registrations and income/expenses; update database
• General clerical and office work
The intern will develop marketing skills (including software skills), exposure to Arts and Nonprofit Management and different types of fundraising including event planning and grant research. In addition, the intern will gain experience working for a growing award-winning nonprofit organization. Since Light House partners with other non-profits, there will be exposure to other organizations in Charlottesville. The intern will be able to add any design work they create during the internship to their professional portfolio.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an unpaid internship. No calls please.
We are asking for a commitment of 10-20 hours per week from September – December 2018. Schedule is flexible. Our office hours are 9am – 4pm.