Light House Studio is seeking an intern for June – August 2017 to assist the Education Director with our filmmaking workshops. Duties include filming behind-the-scenes during workshops, shooting and editing promotional videos for upcoming events. The intern will also support the workshops by addressing pressing tasks as needed, including working with students, liaising with parents, and providing additional technical filmmaking support. Additionally, the Production Intern will contribute to weekly blog posts for the Light House website.
• Experience filming and editing video content
• Experience with Final Cut Pro X
• Interest or passion in teaching, coaching and mentoring
• Experience interacting with (in a teaching role) elementary, middle and high school students
• Some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Create behind-the-scenes videos documenting workshops and uploading to Light House Vimeo and YouTube pages
• Photograph camps in action and update social media
• Organize and edit clip packages for Light House’s Youth Film Festival
• Assist in teaching digital filmmaking skills to students
• Writing weekly blog posts highlighting events and activities at Light House
The intern will develop leadership abilities, teaching skills, software skills, storytelling skills, technical skills, and gain experience in a non-profit arts organization dedicated to the personal expression of local youth. Since Light House partners with other non-profits, there will be exposure to other organizations in Charlottesville. In addition, behind-the-scenes videos can be added to the intern’s portfolio.
Please send cover letter, resume, examples of your work, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. This is an unpaid internship. No calls please.
Schedule is flexible, and depends on schedule of workshops. Hours are part-time.