Lead & Assistant Mentors:
2016-2017 School Year & 2017 Summer
Light House Studio is looking for experienced filmmakers to lead and assist in mentoring workshops for 8-18 year olds. Lead Mentors manage and lead filmmaking workshops. Assistant Mentors work closely with the Lead Mentor to facilitate filmmaking lessons and exercises. Workshops vary in timing, but usually take place once a week for 6-8 weeks. Assistant Mentors will be in charge of overseeing a small group of 3-5 students in the storytelling, production, and post-production process. Emphasis is placed on encouraging collective decision-making among students and ensuring students rotate roles throughout production. Mentors are college students, recent graduates, or professionals with a passion for storytelling and an interest in sharing film knowledge with the next generation of filmmakers.
- Professional experience in video/film production including specialization in one or more of the following (documentary, animation and narrative filmmaking).
- Holds a relevant bachelor of fine arts or master of fine arts degree (film/video or related field) or currently enrolled in a film/video undergraduate or graduate program
- Teaching experience is preferred, but a desire to teach is a must
- Experienced operator of consumer, prosumer and professional sound, video and lighting equipment
- Proficient with industry standard software FCPX. iStopMotion, After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator preferred
- Experience shooting, keying, and editing green screen footage
- Strong storytelling abilities
Compensation: Paid based on experience.
Hours: Depends on the workshop: for school-year workshops, usually around 5 hours a week for 6-8 weeks.
Summer workshops run June-August, 20-30 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
All Mentors must complete a background check.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and samples of creative work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately thereafter and will continue until all positions are filled.